The Varavon Vara-Crane 1.0 is a 3 ft long bar designed to be combined with various products to affordably form cranes, dollies, and shoulder rigs.
It can be attached to a slider or tripod with a fluid head and swung from side to side with a camera on the front end. If the camera is also attached with a fluid head, then it can be pointed directly down- great for over-the-balcony or over-the-rooftop panoramic shots. It also usefully attaches to Varavon's Two Wheel Cart (an affordable bar with a skate wheel on each end) to form a free-wheeling dolly that can be pushed or pulled while simultaneously tilted up and down. In this case, a fluid head will be beneficial for angling the camera.
To create a shoulder rig, just mount your camera on a fluid head with pan bars on one end, some counterbalance weights on the other (a thick bolt for counterweights is included), and use the pan bars as handles. 1/4" and 3/8" threads along the length of the Vara-Crane will let you attach numerous additional accessories -- vertical cheese plates, rod clamps, articulating arms, a shoulder pad, etc. A carrying bag with a shoulder strap is also included.
- Mounts onto sliders and tripods to form swinging cranes
- Attaches to Varavon's Two Wheel Cart to create a free-wheeling dolly
- Converts into a shoulder rig with the addition of a fluid head, pan bars, and counterweights
- 1/4" and 3/8" threads for adding cheese plates, rod clamps, articulating arms, a shoulder pad and more
- A bolt and nut for counterweights and a carrying bag with a shoulder strap are included